[NTLK] Drop-downs....

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:54:18 EST

One of the NewtonOS's great ideas was to minimize writing by providing menus
of often used entries which could be simply selected by tapping. This
generates some lists of recently used items in various places. For technical
types, these are often prefixed by _M_.

After a while, these can get cluttered, and so third parties came up with
little utilities to get rid of these lists, or simply to edit them
(PrefsCleaner, ForgetMe, SBMU/Recent, etc.).

In the spirit of my long-ago contest "Which HWR letter do you hate the
most?" I propose the following:

Who has the strangest list from the following _M_ categories:

Annual Event
Assistant
Caller
City
Company
Connection
Email
Event
Meeting
MultidayEvent
Person-Title
ToDo
WeeklyEvent
(other)

No making things up, they should really just come from your day-to-day use
of your Newt...

Paul F.
(avoiding a nasty letter I have to write...)