Re: [NTLK] Beaming problem

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 22:32:15 EST

>Hi there Folks -
>
>I am trying without success to establish an IR connection between my MP2100
>and my Son's eMate. In my past years of Newtoning I never had a chance to
>play with the IR port. I place the units barely an inch apart, IR ports
>pointed squarely at each other, and hit dock/ connect through IrDA and they
>both claim that they can't find another device. So, what am I doing wrong?

This is really the simplest solution, but I can't tell exactly from your
description above:

You _are_ selecting a note or something on one unit, then using the "route"
button to "beam this item", sending the beam ("looking for receiver" or
similar text should display) then on the receiving unit, going to the inbox
and hitting "receive beam", right?

If not, try that first :)