Re: [NTLK] received $150 newton

From: Ben Smith (QM Systems) (ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 04:20:36 EST

Your best bet would be to make a short adapter to convert that nice
serial cable to a Mac cable, that way you can have both Mac and PC in
one cable, all you need is a Mac printer cable, and a DB9 cable
mounting socket, details of the pin-outs are on the web, try:
http://www.concentric.net/~cmonica/newton/serlcabl.htm
or:
http://www.concentric.net/~cmonica/newton/serlhard.htm
or:
http://www.oldschool.net/newton/pccable.html
or:
http://www.nsbasic.com/newton/info/technotes/cable.html

none of these sites describe a converter, but they do give you the
pin-outs so you should be able to work out how to build one (I have
built one that goes the other way, from a Mac cable to PC), if you get
totally stuck, I will work it all out and post instructions if needed.

Ben.