Re: [NTLK] An idea for Names...

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 07:10:43 EST

Darl,

> Can't help on the backspace command tho - and I agree, would be a nice one
> to have.
>
> Anyone out there interested in patching this?

After all these years I just worked out a way to do this.

If you use GestureLaunch 3.0 by Dan Rowley <http://www.newts.com/> you can
issue a command with a gesture, and what is very cool about this is that you
can issue the Control-H combination which equates to Backspace on pretty
well all machines - including the Newt.

As the letter "L" is well recognized and is close to "<", I used that
character to get GL to issue "ctrl h" as the parameter for the Command Key
function and voila!, backspace with a single gesture.

Thanks Dan.

Joel.