Re: [NTLK] OT: rev a imac memory

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 11:08:05 EST

Did a little research for you. You have already max'd out on the memory if
you have the rev A Bondi Blue iMac. Apple only recommends 128 MB. I know
sometimes apple understates maximum ram as I have an indigo 400 MB which
apple says takes a maximum of 500MB and I have 1 GB inside working fine.

You do have an option for an acceleration upgrade. At Otherworld computing
they advertise an accelerator which will take your computer to 500MHz. The
PowerLogix iForce. Bad news it's $339. You might just consider buying a new
older model iMac going for around $699, getting firewire in addition to
faster speed and more memory space. I know a lot of places which are selling
reconditioned iMacs if you are interested. Apple also carries reconditioned
later edition models at the apple store.

Anyway, take a look at http://www.otherworldcomputing.com

Chet