[NTLK] My Mr2ndHand 2100's arrived today!

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 15:09:25 EST

For anyone who's been watching the developing eBay auctions
for Newton 2100's and who didn't get in on the GEM $150
deal for whatever reason... I got my two 2100 kits from
Mr2ndHand today (paid $160 each for them in a dutch
auction). Each of my kits arrived complete, including the
2100 unit, original stylus, sync cable, newton
keyboard+adapter, ac adapter and 4MB flash card.

I must say that I'm incredibly satisfied. One of the units
I received was clearly brand new, with not a mark of any
kind at all on it and with a very, very bright backlight.
The second unit was used (some minor scuffing and wear on
the case) but was also in excellent condition with no
missing latches or "worn" parts. The keyboards were also in
what I would call "new" condition. Packing was professional
(with injection-foam and bubble wrap).

I'm in no way affiliated with Mr2ndHand on eBay, but wanted
to follow up on my earlier post (and some from others since
then) which mentioned the Mr2ndHand auctions on eBay. Looks
like he's a good source (as long as he still has some); if
you are uncomfortable with eBay, his auctions also have a
link to his store where you can buy Newton 2100 kits, but
if I remember correctly, the prices at his store are
somewhat higher.

P.S. Like I said, I'm not affiliated. If someone else buys
from Mr2ndHand and has a bad experience, please post so
that people can make the most informed decisions possible!

Good luck everyone with your arriving 2100 units, wherever
they're from... It's very cool to have this sudden flood of
nice units. (Unless of course you're kicking yourself for
buying one at $500 two months ago...)

-Aron