Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 17:07:08 EST

On 15/01/02 16:19, "doppler" <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:
> the newton HWR for swedish on my MP2k is not at all as good as the english
> one, unfortunately. i use Works and an external KBD when a seminar/meeting
> is held in swedish. charts are drawn with the drawing/charts tool. (OK, it
> is not as flexible as pen and paper, but in the final run its actually
> better. my notes are quite popular after a semester when everyone needs to
> study for the exams!) when i use paper, i always try to transfer the notes
> or drawings to the newton, so that my notes are as complete as possible.

I think that this is to be expected; even though the 2x00 can recognize
accented characters, it still doesn't have a dictionary for foreign
languages, except the German 2x00, so everything has to be recognized
letter-by-letter, which might not be as accurate if you don't have a
dictionary to double-check the recognition engine's job...

-Laurent.