[NTLK] My new 2100

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 11:04:15 EST

I just got my $150 newt this morning. I'm quite
impressed! There are some wear marks on the screen
(two spots in the upper right corner in portrait mode)
Plus the screen looks like it was regularly wiped down
with a corse paper towel. The rechargeable battery
came with a 75% charge on it. And you know what? There
IS a difference in the screens between a MP2k and a
2100. Sitting side-by-side with my Apple refurbished
MP2k and my new 2100, the 2100 seems to be "greener"
especially with the backlight turned off. With the
light on, they're both the same color.
One weird thing though...has anyone noticed a strange
minty-fresh smell on the new Newts? Kinda like they
were wiped down with Simple Green?
I like the fact that it came with a 9W charger (my
mp2k only had the 7W.
In all, a rather decent purchase! Thanks Cees.
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -