[NTLK] Warning: 20 MB Cards Recently on eBay

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 08:05:20 EST

Just a follow-up on my little story with my 20 MB Viking flash RAM card that
I got on eBay that was DOA (Dead On Arrival).

After getting an email from the guy that was selling it, I decided to call
Viking to find out if I could get it replaced. $20 is pretty good for a 20MB
card. Well, it turned out that this card, according to its serial number,
was part of a special batch that was made for, attention, Cisco Systems! And
the nice lady at Viking with whom I talked to said that their warranty would
apply only with Cisco.

So, if you got one of those cards, be careful and don't put anything of
value on it as the card can reach its read/write limit soon and you could
loose it.

For my part, I did email back the guy on eBay that sold it to me and I'm
awaiting his reply. He originally said that I could whether get a
replacement from Viking, or he would give me a refund. We'll see...

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic. Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.