Re: [NTLK] The Netws are here

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 13:19:37 EST

    I don't know a way to keep the newton and messagePad logos if you paint the
newton.
 The apple shaped logo and the rubber feets can easily be removed with a knife.
    Disassembling the newton can take a bit, and it's not easy to put everything
together again.

    I painted my newton with car painting spray, after removing the coating with
acetone, (nail polish remover will do), submerging the parts into acetone. The
rubber will separate from the plastic like magic.
    The only two parts that cannot be submerged are the interconnect door and
the screen cover hinge. They will melt. You sure know how I discovered this
:-(

    There are some photos of my "Blue" UMP2000 here:

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/DSC00008.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/DSC00009.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image000.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image001.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image002.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image003.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image004.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image005.jpg <-- see what i mean
with "melt"
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image006.jpg <-- "
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image007.jpg
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/Image008.jpg

    Painting with spray is a bit difficult, you better try with something else
before doing it to your newt.

   I can give more tips if somebody needs.

Daniel Padilla