Re: [NTLK] SER001 / SER002 ?

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 18:48:58 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johannes Wolf" <jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:06 AM
Subject: [NTLK] SER001 / SER002 ?

> David,
>
> could you please be so kind to give a short statement to the community
about SER001/SER002 status?

> Thank you!
> Johannes

Johannes et al,

SER-001 rev B status report:

Testing at the PCBman labs has been fast and furious!
Unfortunately, the auto speed-shifter has some technical problems.
Therefore, I have decided to park that idea for the time being.

So, the SER-001 will be like its' siblings in functionality but will
incorporate
the following design changes:

3/8" screw hole will now be countersunk for flush fit of screwhead.
1/4" screw hole will now be fitted with a shoulder bushing.
All components are fitted on the bottom to stop lid interference.
Alternate chip placement for added flexibility in procurement.
More robust internal connector with end clips for support.

I am finishing the artwork and then I need to send it to the board house
for fabrication. After that, I need to have it populated and tested.

I know a number of you are waiting for the store to open. It won't be too
much longer. I will post here when the website is accepting orders again.

Keep visiting:

http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman

Regards,

David Humphreys