Re: [NTLK] Getting rid of a backdrop butt.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 02:24:50 EST

------------------
>I tried out a program
>which installed a button on the backdrop, but I decided to erase
>the demo of the program and don't want the button on the
>backdrop anymore. I've reinstalled NUbackdrop but the button
>won't disappear. I don't see any soup for NUbackdrop. What do I
>do?

The button was added as a 'prefs.', get www.standalone.com 'SAI Prefs
Cleaner'. It's icon looks like a 'shower head'. Pick the app. and remove
the old pref.
----------------
>Second question: I was installing packages from my computer to
>a card in the Newton. I lost the connection in the middle of
>installing a package. If I try to put the card in the Newton, it now
>crashes when trying to activate this half-installed package and
>the Newton is frozen. Is there a way to insert the card in the
>Newton without having it activate packages (so I can erase the
>bad data)?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Seth

It's in the FAQ's, open 'Prefs.', insert card, tap 'no', tap 'no' to
activate. Then proceed to extras drawer and delete pkg.(hope you don't get
-10011 error).

*If* you don't get option to not activate, then insert card, immediately
'tap-and-hold' your stylus on the bottom-left of screen, tap 'no', then
delete from extras drawer.