Re: [NTLK] Weird Newt in "Hackers"?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 19:14:39 EST

>>On 21-01-2002 11:08, hjohnson_at_sfu.ca wrote:
>>
>>Anyway, pull up a picture of the TAM that shows the
>>keyboard. (there's one that depicts the TAM from above,
>>clearly showing the keyboard), and the movie. :)
>>they're identical.
>
>On 1/22/02 @ 7:33 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>I just did, the TAM keyboard is bigger on top and the
>function keys are square, where the function keys in
>The Matrix are rectangular...

Some observiations:

It is definitely not a stock TAM keyboard. There are no leather hand
rests (not detachable) and the top of the keyboard is not curved with a
place for the logo. And more obviously, the keyboard is the wrong color.

The keypad, on the other hand could definitely be a TAM keypad. The
ratio/layout of the keys is the same. The spaces on the top row are
identical. The dimple on the K key looks the same.

What I could not see, is whether or not the Caps Lock key (Third up from
the left side) has an LED in it. Of course with relabling, that could be
covered up. A movie prop doesn't have to work either, just look good.

My guess is that they took a TAM keyboard, and repackaged the keypad.

TAM user and Matrix fan...

Sushi