Re: [NTLK] How - Prevent last line being partially obstructed in a Newton book

From: Dakkar (ceccarel_at_cibslogin.sns.it)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 06:14:07 EST

On 20020122022721, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> I have read tfm for the last 2 hours, but didn't find anything to
> either control the number of text lines per page or any other way to
> prevent this annoying behavior.
In a NewtonBook, the layout is fixed: BookMaker (or NewtonPress)
calculates how much text goes into a page, then sets appropriate
values in the book's frame.

The problems you are having is probably due to a font mismatch: do you
have the _bitmap_ version of NewYork, Geneva, etc. installed? They
should be included with BookMaker (or NewtonPress).

--

Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>

Never try to explain computers to a layman. It's easier to explain sex to a virgin. -- Robert Heinlein

(Note, however, that virgins tend to know a lot about computers.)