Re: [NTLK] Re - charging in battery tray - Resistor values

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:42:47 EST

Ok, I have not done the modification yet,
but I really do not believe that there is another resistor in series to the cells, because this would
raise the inner resistance of the battery pack to an inacceptable high value.
This would make it nearly impossible to apply a quick charge to the cells.
What I can imagine is that this "resistor" would be a temperature fuse, which blows at a certain temperature and
behaves otherwise like a shortcut.
But on the other hand I do not believe that either because after the fuse is gone your battery pack would be non functional.
And referring to the article at
http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html
where the guy managed to open an old original battery pack he should have found this resistor or fuse, but there is no hint at all ...

Regarding the thermistor this article states 10k at 20 degree celsius.

Johannes