Re: [NTLK] new messagepad video out

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 11:25:38 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 1/22/02 11:15 AM, the entity known as Brian at
bmcewen_at_mediaone.net conveyed the following:

>> I downloaded it and when I tried to play it in the Quicktime Player, it
>> reports that it can't display the video because the required compressor
>> isn't found. But no info on what compressor that might be or anything...
>
> It plays using my 5.02 QT player (Mac).

Yeah, I figured it might be that. All these damn people insisting on using
the very latest... If QT 4.1 was good enough for my grandfather, it's good
enough for me! But, nooooooo... Always with the newer versions. Always
gotta "improve" things. Wasn't that way with the good ole' coal-fired, cast
iron computers in Pappy's day, nosiree! Had to walk ten miles in a blinding
snowstorm, uphill both ways, barefoot, just to transfer a file. Now THAT
was computing the way it was meant to be...

(Guess I'll probably be installing QT 5 at some point soon... ;-) )

- Eric.