Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 from GEMEnterprises

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 14:07:45 EST

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Gao wrote:

<snip>
> And so on the 220102, I finally received my MP2100 here in Singapore. The
> packaging on the outside is just some corrugated box with lots of tape
> around. But when I open up the box, I was very pleased that they actually
> use alot of this bubble-wrap to "encase" all my items within, which makes it
> very shock-proof. I've got what I've bid except for the serial cables for
> the Mac & the Windows. Guess he must have forgotten about it as he may
> confused between my order and his latest auction bids which excludes the
> data cables in his package nowadays.
>
> My MP2100 is in really good condition. The screen is flawless, though there
> are some accidental "bump-marks" on the 2 corners of the top of MP, but that
> doesn't matter. On the whole, the MP2100 is wonderful.
>
> So, my conclusion is this: GEMEnterprises, these people are good and they
> work fast to make sure it delivers ASAP. Their packaging is tops and cares
> about the product's end-state to make sure it will not be damage through the
> transition of delivery. Though now their min. auction bid is at $259 for the
<snip>

Just a word about shipping that's worth mentioning as people ship Newtons
all over the world. Check out this post from the archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=99859869009176&w=2

In a nutshell, if electronics aren't double-boxed, and they are damaged in
transit, USPS will *not* issue a refund or insurance credit.