Re: [NTLK] Basic problems

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 14:19:44 EST

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Gao wrote:

> I intended to use my Hayes Optima 336 Fax/Data Modem card in my MP2100, use
> a normal telephone line and connect to my G4 Cube's ethernet port to sync
> with each other, using NCK. Can it be done? If not, any better suggestion?

Uh... if I'm not mistaken, you just described plugging your modem into the
ethernet port on your cube? That simply isn't going to work. Ethernet is
not phone.

You need an ethernet card for your Newton and either an Ethernet crossover
cable or an Ethernet hub. Compatible cards are listed here:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/

> And another thing, can anyone please direct me to buy the battery tray for
> the MP2100 so I can use batteries should my now only rechargeable battery
> fails me. Or I can make one myself? Does anyone know how to go about it?

Buying one, no idea. Rebuilding your pack:

http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html