Re: [NTLK] NewtonPress -- URGENT help needed!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 18:38:12 EST

I've never had a problem with Press (v1.1 on my win2k
machine)
I've created dozens of books that are thousands of
pages long! Just take a look at my LOTR books!
(http://newton.tek-ed.com/lotr)
Heck, I just created a new book that is 35 chapters
long and over 2megs in size! 2,000+ pages long
including an image!
The trick is to write the book in something else(like
Word or bbedit) then just copy and paste the text into
Press. This is what I've always done.
Ed
web/gadget guru.
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

<snip>

> Have you tried working in smaller segments? FWIW
> tried creating an enormous
> Newton Book based on hundreds of pages of text that
> I got from GOARCH, and I
> ended up having to create 4 or 5 separate docs to
> avoid the problem that
> you're describing.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -