Re: [NTLK] exporting notes, take 2

From: Rhonda Hyslop (rhonda_at_paradox.null)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 19:47:55 EST

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Brian wrote:

> >I'm trying to export approximately (3-6 notes per hour of class) * (3
> >hours of class per week) * (12 weeks per term) * (13 courses) - and
> >ideally that would be 13 big RTF files (one for each course). Based on
> >the one course I've half-exported so far, I'm looking at about 6 files per
> >course, with the 1Mb limit.
>
> Well, you can always glue the RTFs back together in Word or whatever once

now there's a thought. Good idea...

> exported. In terms of time and of getting your data out safely it might be
> best to just make one note per RTF at first.

I've got to be misunderstanding something here - wouldn't one note = one
RTF take longer than grabbing lots of notes and shoving them in one RTF?

> Did you try/ have you asked about Xport and how it might handle this large
> a task?

Xport. no, haven't tried it; I'd better go look for it.

> About how many "screens" of data is one note?

.5 - 4, averaging 2, depending on how often there's a 'break' in the
lecture (topic-wise, that is).

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project