Re: [NTLK] Grammar question

From: Mark Fellows (mdfellows_at_attbi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 18:46:42 EST

B, D, E, H.

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Frank Gruendel
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 2:41 PM
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Cc: frank_gruendel_at_t-online.de
Subject: [NTLK] Grammar question

Yes, this is Newton related, too. Wait and see...

I'm having a problem with the usage of the ' and the " characters.

What is correct?

a) He was staring at the MessagePads screen.
b) He was staring at the MessagePad's screen.

c) Peters car was very red.
d) Peter's car was very red.

e) "Would you please heed my advice?"
f) "Would you please heed my advice'?

g) "I wonder if we should do this".
h) "I wonder if we should do this."

Thanks alot in advance. As I'm sure that for all you native speakers out
there the answer isn't too interesting, a private reply might be
appropriate. I wish I had listened more closely back then
when I had a chance at school.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de