[NTLK] Another book

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 23:18:00 EST

OK folks, I've been having alot of fun in creating
some really huge books (the latest I created from txt
files and after adding full indexing and images is
over 3 megs in size and over 2000 pages!) don't ask
what it is, it's not for general consumption...

My boss asked me what a particular web server error
was (something like, "what's that error '203' mean?")
and after some hunting on the web, I eventually found
it (who has time to memorize that kind of stuff?)
So, I decided that it was time for "the Newt" to know.
I compiled information from websites, fully indexed it
and created a Newton book (in Press). This book not
only gives the error code and what it means, but also
the parameters in where the server would ever serve
the error. Really nice...wish I could lay claim to the
text though...
For those in the business, you can download the book
in PKG format (download it directly to your Newt from
my MIME equipped server):
http://newton.tek-ed.com/books
This is just a rudamentary "table" page, so forgive
the "bare walls". Also, pay no attention to those
other books there that may indeed be copyrighted. They
are for my own personal use and as such are not
intended for general distribution.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come see my Newt on the web: http://65.84.243.167 (I
really gotta set up a domain for that thing...)

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -