Re: [NTLK] Fitaly?

From: Donald T. Stewart, MD (DonS_at_PineLakeMed.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 01:19:48 EST

>Anyone have any experience with Fitaly?
> http://www.fitaly.com/newton/newtfitaly.htm
>
>It's a Win/Palm/CE/Newton text expansion program a la alt.rec (but also
>expands phrases from a few characters, as well as words). It also has a
>vrtual keyboard for 'more efficient' text entry; of course, you have to
>learn the map of the new keyboard before you can call it more efficient.
>Anyone?

>ANP

I have used Fitaly as my major method of rapid text input for about 3 years.
While it lacks the "coolness" factor of HWR, it is very efficient, and was
particularly helpful until I had most of the medical terms I use entered
into the Newt Dictionary. It took me about 6 weeks to get familiar with it,
but after that I could enter text far faster than with HWR, and at twice the
speed of the stock on-screen keyboard. Unfortunately, the Newton version
lacks the macro function and many of the other advanced functions in the
Palm and Pocket PC versions (which I also use at times). Fitaly is the
first package I install on any hand-held computer I get. I wish I had the
time to hack the Newton version to add the auto-expand macro feature that is
available on the other platforms.

Donald T. Stewart, MD