Re: [NTLK] Converting Mac NTK projects to Windows without a Mac

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:31:35 EST

Jim Anderson wrote:

> I know there is a tool for converting Mac-format NTK projects to
> Windows-format, but only under MacOS. Does anyone know of a tool to do
> this under Windows?

Not to my knowledge...

> Alternatively, would any kind soul with a Mac be
> willing to convert a couple of projects for me?

I think something like an automated service via a web server would be
neat. I don't know how scriptable the conversion tool is though. If it
is scriptable, it would be possible to set up a web server with a CGI
script (password proteced to prevent DoS attacks!) that does the
conversion automatically.

On the other hand, used Macs that can run the NTK can be had for
something like 20$ nowadays ;) Especially the Quadra series are pretty
robust and neat. Of course there's always the risk that you end up with
a brand new Mac sooner or later. Happened to me.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --