Re: [NTLK] eMate memory kit on Ebay

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 14:14:41 EST

on 24-01-2002 9:15, Luigi Giovanetti at loug_at_gftech.com wrote:

> How much faster is the the eMate with the added memory installed?

In real live, not much, you should buy it for the extra internal storage and
the fact that it triples your heap (like RAM in a desktop) so you can have
much more apps running at the same time.

> Is it true that the added memory also changes the unit from a 16bit to 32bit
> memory/processor speed?

No, it will address the flash ram in 32 bit mode, so the processor speed
won't be altered but it will access data a bit faster.

> Would the eMate be faster than a MP2100?

As you can read from what I've written before, no, makes it marginally
faster and that doesn't suddenly bring it to 162 Mhz speed.

All this said, with a couple cheap or free software additions you'll hardly
use the Extras anymore and that's the only app that really feels sluggish on
an eMate, I use eMates and 2x00's all.

One of the cool free additions is Tasks:
http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/tasks/index.htm

Robert Benschop