Re: [NTLK] Newton Press problems

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 17:31:04 EST

on 24-01-2002 11:21, good-dog_at_northshore.net at good-dog_at_northshore.net
wrote:

> I managed, a year or so ago, to put Newton Press (NP) on my iMac. Now
> that I want to put it on my iBook, it's a no-go. I tried copying the
> files to zip, and then onto the iBook, but it asks for the original
> disks. I think I was directed to download NP by some kind soul from
> some archive, and it apparently loaded fine with my older machine.

Well, don't know if this is going to help, but I'll give it shot..

you can get a copy of NP 1.1 at
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/software/NewtonPress/ForMac/
(you'll need to press the alt/option button while clicking on the link)
Once downloaded you'll probably need to drag and drop the file on Stuffit
Expander et voila, you'll have a full installer.

hope this helps,

Robert Benschop