Re: [NTLK] connectivity stunt

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 01:47:36 EST

At 2:13 AM -0500 24/01/02, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>Thanks to all who have helped in contributing solutions to my "Connection
>with Cube". All are great ideas and currently 'am waiting for my serial data
>cables to be deliver.

serial on a cube??? Is there a pci slot in there that you could put a
serial card on?
Otherwise, why not just connect with appletalk through ethernet?????

>As I'm waiting for the cables, I've been trying all sorts of methods to try
>to connect my MP2100 to my Cube and now I was wondering if anyone has tried
>anything like what I'm doing:
>
>I'm using my Cube's internal modem to connect to my MP's modem card and use
>NCU on my desktop after I set the pref. to <Listen for Newton Device on:
>Internal Modem>. NCU then ask to initiate sync from the Newt and I try to
>use the Dock on my MP to connect using modem.
>
>That's where my problem is: I didn't know what to dial to connect to my
>Cube!

what can you dial>??? Your cube isnt a server, and doesnt have a
telephone number
sorry to say this, but, dumb!

try connecting with ethernet over appletalk. If you dont know how to
do this, use AppleGuide on your cube and ask it about Appletalk via
ethernet.
ethernet cards for newt are cheap and readily available, if you dont have one.