Re: [NTLK] The Joy of EtherTalk Backups...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:08:18 EST

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Andrew Beals wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:34:39 +0100, doppler <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > Aron Hsiao [thoth_at_leapdragon.net] wrote the following 2002-01-25 02.31:
> >
> > > buy
> > > a $10 68k mac from some thrift store just for the ROM...
> >
> > aron, maybe you can post the ROM to UNNA? i dont think apple will disag=
ree
> > if it wil be in the basilisk/PC connectivity folder :)
>
> Yeah, do I really really need to find the SE/x..er..SE/30 that's
> buried somewhere in my attic, that is if my wife hasn't thrown it out?
> "But honey, I just might need a 68k mac someday!" I know I've said at
> least once.
>
> So the rom image will fit on a single floppy? Will it fit on the
> floppy alongside the proggie to dump said roms? If so, I know a store
> that I could walk into...once I manage to get my fingers on a
> mac-formatted flopp=E9 avec logicel...and dump out a rom or two...

Yep, it will fit on a single floppy. Keep in mind that you need one of
two kinds of ROM images. Either:

-an image from a "Classic" series ROM (I believe SE and SE/30 fall into
this category, also the Classic and Classic II)
-a 32-bit clean image from a "II" series mac (II, IIfx, etc... up to I
believe most 030/040 quadras)

If in doubt, check the BasiliskII home page for docs. Google for it.

--=20