Re: [NTLK] Ethernet:say it ain't so,joe

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 00:09:30 EST

Yes, the statement is 110% true. Like the iPod,
connections between the desktop and the Newt (using
ethernet) only work with the Mac OS.
If you want to play around, there is a Basilisk
emulator which is the most popular (and free) and
there is a complete 7.5.5 disk image (30+MB in size)
and Mac ROMS to be had at various places on the web. I
don't know off hand where they are (well, they're on
my laptop right now, but that's hardly accessible to
you and my thumbprint recognition card is currently at
work so I can't access my laptop now anyway) but I'm
sure that there are people on this list how can fill
in the missing pieces.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web 24/7 (well, mostly)
http://65.84.234.167

--- mmcipollone <mmcipollone_at_rogers.com> wrote:

> quoting previous message..."Ethernet connections
> ONLY work with Macs, unless
> you install a Mac
> emulator on your Windows or Linux box. Others on the
> list, who are more
> familiar with dark side, could give you instructions
> on that procedure"....
>
> please tell me this is NOT true
>
> mimi
> windows 2000 owner
> who has heard of mac emulation programs, but has a
> feww other things to
> learn first...and doesn't want to have to go
> there..at least yet

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -