Re: [NTLK] newton works alphabatizing question and thanks

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 03:07:24 EST

on 27/01/02 02:25, Gumyee_at_aol.com at Gumyee_at_aol.com wrote:

> First, I want to thank everyone for answering my questions, people are very
> helpful. I loaded up my 2100, but the guy that said "murphy's law" was right.
> I backup (2000)and then restored (to 2100) and then did it again...finally I
> just loaded the few extra things I kept finding missing onto a card and stuck
> it into the 2100 to restore...yeah! Still can't figure out why those few
> things were gone, but oh well...

Some packages may have a protection bit set, so that they can't be copied,
duplicated or otherwise moved...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)