Re: [NTLK] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents it

From: Radovan Biciste (rbiciste_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:52:57 EST

Hi,
I am digest mode, so little bit late, but better then never. Here is what I've found about MacOS X <-> Newton. I bought g3port card. It fits into g3 modem slot and add serial port to the B&W G3. These cards are available for G4s too. I contacted manufacter about using this card in MacOS X Classic. It is not possible because there is no implementation for serial communication between MacOS X and Classic. But g3port card works under MacOS X with drivers. So I went and grab source codes of unixnpi and compiled on MacOS X. Voila and I am installing packages from MacOS X. You just have to figure out device of g3port card. /dev/tty.modem works for me.
Just my 2 cents.

Radek
P.S. Switching to list again.