[NTLK] OT HELP with WaveLAN Silver/Orinoco card and Powerbook G3

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 07:55:05 EST

Am attempting to use a newly acquired Lucent/Orinoco/WaveLAN Silver card
with a G3 Series Powerbook (circa. '98, serial "Wallstreet") on Mac OS 8.6
and the Orinoco driver v. 6.3 (version 7 requires Mac OS 9.0 or later).

The card recognizes my Airport Base Station and displays a graphic of the
signal strength but I am unable to use TCP/IP or AppleTalk (file sharing or
printers).

Please reply off list if you have a similar set-up and can walk me through
yours.

TIA,

Ken Whitcomb