Re: [NTLK] Re - properly designed site

From: Andrew Beals (bandy_at_cinnamon.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:30:28 EST

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:17:59 -0500, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com>
wrote:
> upgrading my browser because of folks out there that just have to implement
> the latest, greatest bell/whistle, regardless of whether it gags every other
> browser out there.

And regardless of whether it's frelling needed or not! I'm >< that far from
making lynx my standard platform and complaining every time I can't use a site
with it.

As it is, my banks have stupid webdroids who have made their respective sites
dysfunctional if you have java* turned off [no more pop-overs, unders, etc!]
so I need to remember to turn it on before I deal with that mess, and my two
webstores [amazon,bn] both have bought into the "you need to pop up the
frelling message about 'free' shipping every time you enter the site" meme.

news://alt.peeves is carrying a similar thread right now.

Oh, and did I mention blue text over black? WHO CAN READ THAT?

<cue the nice young men in their clean white suits>