Re: [NTLK] Couple of Problems

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:32:39 EST

On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 09:16 PM, Gao wrote:

> 1. Are there any software of internet connectivity as well as card
> drivers
> (i.e. ethernet card) for the OMP? Seems like most browers and e-mails
> programs mostly cater to OS1.3 to OS2.x... My OMP is OS1.10 though.
> And I
> heard that OMP does not recognize ethernet cards. Is that true?

This is the only question I have an answer for. You should be able to
update your OMP to Newton OS 1.3. I'm not sure where you FIND that
update now, but my guess is that unna.org would be a good place to
start. At that point, any programs you have that require 1.3 should work
fine, and though I remember my own search for an email program and/or
browser that would work in 1.3 a few years ago was unsuccessful, you may
find something now. However, it is true that the OMP cannot use Ethernet
cards. No way, no how, as I understand it. Ethernet requires Newton
Internet Enabler 2, which in turn requires a MessagePad 2x00 or eMate.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj