Re: [NTLK] Re - Newbie has a storage card problem

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 04:29:08 EST

> Sorry if this is insulting, but...

> You are aware that there's a switch on the bottom of the Newton that must
> be pushed up (so you don't see any red anymore) so that the Newton can
> recognize the card? Just pushing it in isn't enough.

> Frank

Hey, I'm not insulted! :) Thanks, Frank, I was aware of that (hence my
expression 'locked in place' in my original query). Newt still does not want
to read them. I've also tried putting the card in before turning the Newt
on, as one other lister suggested.

I've got my connection working fine with my 7300/200 Mac via Appletalk and a
serial cable, by the way. And a PalmConnect USB device is on its way to help
with the iMac.

But if anyone's got any light to shed on these pesky cards, I'd be grateful.

Russ, UK