Re: [NTLK] Curious Problems

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 07:37:42 EST

on 29-01-2002 12:51, Gao at gaofar_at_mac.com wrote:

> 1. Are there any software of internet connectivity as well as card drivers
> (i.e. ethernet card) for the OMP? Seems like most browers and e-mails
> programs mostly cater to OS1.3 to OS2.x... My OMP is OS1.10 though. And I
> heard that OMP does not recognize ethernet cards. Is that true?

You'll need a OS 2.1 device for Ethernet (eMate/2x00)

> 2. I've heard someone said before that I can try to e-mailed my packages as
> attachement and use my MP2100 to receive the mail & upload the packages. Is
> it really possible? I've tried but I use SimpleMail and I couldn't get it to
> open up the attachment or something like that. Any suggestions?

AFAIK you'll need at least a 2.0 Newt to get on the web (So a 120/2.0 is the
minimum) again, a 2.1 Newt is very advisable.

> 3. Lastly, are there any software like a "conflict-catcher" that lets you
> know if you had any software/extensions conflicting? If yes can anyone
> direct me please?

I think that Newton Utilities will do this, but also for a OMP ?
It can be found on Unna, was recently added.

Robert Benschop