Re: [NTLK] Cool Newton keyboard-dock thing???

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 13:32:11 EST

On 29/01/02 08:39, "Jonathan Wise" <jonwise_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Being relatively knew to Newtons, I'm a little bedazzled by the massive list
> of software on UNNA, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what packages
> to squeeze onto my 120/2.0.
> Does anyone have any recommendations for "essential apps"?
> Also, I'm looking for some kind of car-loggin app to help me keep track of
> oil changes and such (I had something similar for my P*lm).

You need some kind of a backdrop app, if you haven't one already. The
backdrop app is the one always displayed on the back. The advantage of using
a specifically designed application is that such backdrop would use a lot
less of the precious heap that your 120 has, then using the Notepad or,
worst, the Extras as the backdrop.

For your car thing, check PocketMoney from Catamount. Pretty complete.

-Laurent.