[NTLK] Problems with my new US-MP 2100

From: Christian Matzerath (matze_at_uumail.de)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 03:28:42 EST

Hi all,

as I mentioned in the "gementerprises"-thread I now own two MP 2100s, one =
US and one with a german NOS 2.1.

Today I have discovered a few problems with the NOS.
1. I can not beam outlines from the US to the german MP or from german to =
the US. Notes can be beamed but do change their font.

You can watch sending and receiving and the in- and out box show these =
beamed items, but if you put them away they are undiscoverable in the =
folder "unfiled" as specified in the beam prefs or they have changed their =
font (when notes).
These are my prefs in both MPs:
Receive beams automatically (cehcked)
Put away beams automatically (unchecked, but having it checked doesn't =
change anything)
Show status dialog (checked)
When beaming -> send now
After beaming -> File in "Unfiled items"
File read items in "Unfiled items"

2. When I try to fax/email with the 33 K modem from the US-MP there is =
autmatically the american dialing prefix 001 inserted, although I didn't =
specify this in my internet setup or the owner-prefs. When I use the modem =
form the german MP everything works fine (of course).

3. I'd like to change the handwriting cognition from US to german, I know =
there is Powertrans, but they charge their software with $45, which is =
quite expensive. Is there another way to change it?
If not: would it be an option to exchange the german ROM with the US ROM, =
so that I have the "new" US-hardware with the german OS?

Thanks a lot for any hints and thoughts
Best Matze
P.S. I have checked the FAQ's and searched for "beam" in the newtontalk =
archive but didn't find anything related.

Christian Matzerath
Lorettostr. 17 40219 D=FCsseldorf
fon 211 3983313 fix 0170 3136983
b=FCro 211 15 936 15