Re: [NTLK] Whence all the Newts?

From: brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 04:14:37 EST

Yes, they are clearly from the vertical market, all with identical cases and
accessories.

Example: sales rep uses the Newton to record all his contacts with
customers, requests for samples, connects to a modem in his hotel in the
evening, uploads the data to a server.

Example: car salesman talks to customer on test drive, taps on the options
the customer wants on the Newton screen, gives the customer a quote as soon
as the test drive is finished no need to look up in price lists.

Apple and Newton inc. were pushing this market, especially health care.
That's where they were selling the 10-packs of Newtons. If you set up a
system in 1997-8 you'd be writing off the devices about now.

-- B