Re: [NTLK] Newton Device Driver?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 13:13:13 EST

On 30/01/02 13:02, "Gao" <gaofar_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Greetings everyone!
>
> Just wanted to know something: anyone heard of "Newton Device Driver"?
> 'Cause whenever I reboot my MP2100, it'll tell me that these ethernet cards
> can't load because there is no Newton Device Driver... something like that.
>
> So any helpers, and where can I find THE software?

To tell you where you can find the software, you have to tell us what exact
card brand and model number you have...

-Laurent.

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild
pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the
malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is
sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal
machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it
incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage.
Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted.
See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory
smash, overrun screw, core.