Re: [NTLK] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents it

From: Tom Sheppard (TSheppard_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 18:02:01 EST

On 2002-01-30 15:20, "Stephen Jendraszak" <stevehj_at_mac.com> wrote:

> You are taking my argument to ludicrous extremes.

Of course I am -- to illustrate a point. Where is the cut-off? We agree tha=
a +x.x.1 difference is ridiculous, so what about +x.1.x or +1.x.x
difference? Apple managed to support peripherals through many +1.x.x
releases.

Now X is really a whole different OS and we probably shouldn=B9t even be
calling it Mac OS 10 as if it's really a continuation of OS 9. It ain't. Bu=
the Apple hype machine wants us to believe it's easy to migrate. I'm sure
not having an easy time of it.

Anyway, this is getting too far off topic for a Newton list so I'll bow out
on this discussion now. It was nice to hear your point of view. Feel free t=
get in the last licks. :-)

...Tom

(Who actually manages to product his Internet Movie Database ebooks for
Newton totally from within OS X. Now that, Mr. Jobs, is amazing!)