Re: [NTLK] [OT] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents it

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 11:34:31 EST

I used to spend a lot of time tracking down Aqua themes which started to
appear about a day after Apple first announced Mac OS X (over a year before
its release). They were often pulled down as fast as they were posted by
request of Apple's legal dept.

I've placed a number of good ones in my public folder. They require
Kaleidoscope to run (shareware, free download). I've also included a scheme
called palm. Too bad I don't have time to produce a Newton scheme. Anyone
with some time can do it with tools available for free download from the
http://www.Kaleidoscope.net website.

I have a Mac OS "Theme" file called Aqua which is supposed to replicate Aqua
using Mac OS appearance manager. I have never loaded it as I tried some home
made themes in the past which seemed to play havoc with my system. I can
make that available if anyone is interested.

Oh, and Kaleidoscope actually seems to speed up opening and closing of
windows. This apparent speed increase alone was worth the shareware fee.

Enjoy http://homepage.mac.com/cjohns

Chet Johns