Re: [NTLK] Ok, Now what do i do?

From: Mark Bock (markbvt_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 09:43:31 EDT

>Ok, I'm still trying to connect to my mac to install NCU on my Newton
>2100. I've gotten an Ethernet card now (3com megahertz 3CXE589ET). But
>I still can't connect to they Newton with the IR on my powerbook. So,
>is there someway I can put my memory card into my laptops PCMCIA slot
>and put the files on it, then put the card back in the Newton? Any
>ideas?

You install NCU on your Mac, not on the Newton. It's the app that
allows you to make the connection with your Newton. Once you've got
that running on your Mac, you connect a serial cable (assuming your
Newton doesn't yet have drivers for the Ethernet card on it) and use
the Dock application on your Newton to initiate the connection. Then
using NCU you can transfer all the drivers, packages, etc to the
Newton, synch your data, etc.

--mark

--
. . . . .
mark bock

"A youth who can't hit a cathedral at thirty yards with a Gatling gun in three-quarters of an hour, can take up an old empty musket and bag his grandmother every time, at a hundred." --Mark Twain

PGP Public Key: available at http://www.armchaircommando.org/key.html PGP Fingerprint: 1A59 BBB7 DF23 9FEC 5897 5C7B 7703 78FB CC33 6ABC