Re: [NTLK] Ok, Now what do i do?

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:15:32 EDT

On Monday 01 July 2002 10:08 am, Nicholas Gillock wrote:
> I don't know anyone who has serial (all my friends are PC users, what's
> that say about me?), and I don't even have a serial cable or dongle.
> Trust me, I'm really not trying to be difficult here. :-) It just
> seems like I'm doomed. :-)

That's the reason why I keep my old PowerBook 1400 around. It run MacOS 9=
=2E1,=20
has a serial as well as a SCSI and an ethernet port, runs NCU just fine a=
nd=20
backs up my and my wife's Newtons without a flaw. It now even backs up my=
=20
Newton via the WaveLan card.

But hey - you're not doomed. Get a PC to Newton cable, take the PC versio=
n of=20
NCU and all the drivers you need (all on UNNA) and connect the Newton to =
one=20
of you PC friends machine. That should work just fine!

Best regards,
Chris