Re: [NTLK] Questions about MoreInfo

From: Robert Fay (rfay_at_110.net)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:56:42 EDT

Kevin LaCombe wrote:

> I recently bought a 2100 that has a registered copy of Moreinfo and I can
> transfer it to my name for $25. Is it worth it? Will it interfere with
> Dashboard? I already have Supernames and Dateman so should I switch? I
> read some of the back posts on the NTLK discount for Moreinfo but would like
> to know what you think after using it for a while.

One thing you can do is email the folks at Silverware and request an extended demo
copy. They did that for me recently. I am a user of Dateman and Dashboard and
experienced no problems with MI and DB. My demo period with MI left me torn,
although I have continued with DM because of economic considerations. I have found
that each has features that differ enough to make the decision difficult for me:

DM allows me to prioritize to do's more extensively and to mark them done by
percentage (this is a boon to me because I have ADD). It also has the Goals
feature, which allows you to create informal project plans (although it is not
fully realized because the goal only shows up on its due date and not before). The
Fax feature is nice, although I don't fax nearly enough to worry about it, and it
can be effectively handled through the To Do feature with a link to the name of the
person and the document you want to fax.

MI has much more extensive contact and overall linking features. You can link
almost anything with MI, including Works documents, which DM doesn't allow. MI also
creates a log of all contact you've had with a certain person, which I don't think
DM does. I think it only does upcoming contacts. MI also has such add-ons as Named
Note and its own call slip, which help. One small potential problem with this is
that once you delete the MI calls package, you can no longer view them because the
stationery is gone, an incentive to stick with MI if you're lazy...

My biggest beef with DM is that I am repeatedly unable to link things effectively
(I get -42xxx errors). This is probably a conflict with other software, but I
haven't had the time to go through the painstaking process of determining what and
where the conflict is (more ADD behavior).

I hope this helps.

Best,

Robert Fay