Re: [NTLK] [OT] Warming up an original laser-writer fast

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 13:05:25 EDT

Hi,

  (I suppose this is kind of on topic, as it's talking about printers..)

  I've got an orginial Apple Laserwriter (the enormous thing that
weights about 60 lbs), which works find (a little slow), except that it
takes forever to power up - I assume this is because it's heating up the
fusing elements inside, not becasue it has a 4-minute internal check.
does anyone have any idea of a way to modify it to heat up the bulb
faster, or should it really be consigned to a dumpster (uhh, I meant
technology recycling center ;-)

Jim