Re: [NTLK] ANOTHER Original Newton prototype - now it's mine..

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 13:55:59 EDT

Jim Witte wrote:
> I just found another prototype on Ebay:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1363679856

Hmmm... Nice find. But -- I'm confused as to how the guy selling it didn't
seem to know it was a prototype. I mean, DID Apple ship some of these to
consumers early on? Just seems very odd that someone would have one, sell it
on EBay, and not know to mention that it was a prototype or anything...

Maybe he bought it from some other guy that thought it was worthless even
though he knew it was a proto and didn't pass that info along? Odd...

 - John...