Re: [NTLK] Newton Data Browser question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 14:58:15 EDT

On 01/07/02 14:19, "Charles Daghlian" <cdaghlian_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use Tom Tempelmann's Newton Data Browser with a couple
> of Newton 2100s. On one machine it works fine, while on the the other
> I keep getting an idle code: -98006 error in the NDB, and a -48406
> error on the Newton. Any Idea what this is? The Newton that is having
> trouble also has trouble (the same trouble) with Dock and NCU and
> X-Port. If there is a driver problem on the bad Newton, any idea
> which driver it might be?

AFAIK, there is no driver involved on the Newton for IrDA to work. On the
Macintosh, you need to make sure that you have the IrDA connection tool in
your extensions folder. That's all I can think of. But if you're using the
same computer to connect to different Newton, than that rules out my
explanation and I wouldn't know what the problem is. Something on the
problematic Newton is maybe messing up with IrDA connections, but I don't
know what that could be...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.