[NTLK] 802.11 driver heads up

From: Steve Payonzeck (stevepayo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 19:21:02 EDT

Well, Hiroshi has tracked down an issue I was having
with my wireless card - the Newton can't recognize
cards with names over 31 characters.

How old skool.

So a Linksys WPC-11 version 3.0 will have 32
characters - one too many, same for the 3com
AirConnect rev. b -38 characters or something- if you
slip these cards into the PCMCIA slot on a Powerbook
running OS9, you'll see the truncated name - if you
plan to try 802.11 networking, stick with the cards
that are KNOWN to work until (if ever) he figures out
a workaround. He has couple listed on his site, but if
anyone can collate a complete list, that would help us
out.

I now own two wireless cards that I can't use with my
Newton - so guess what? My TiVo's get to go wireless too.