Re: [NTLK] Newton print to serial port of HP LaserJet 4?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 10:52:50 EDT

First there is the hardware connection to clarify:
What cable did you use?
The (Windoze)PC to Newt cable:
- has a 9 pin SUB-D connector and the Printer will most probably have a 25
pin SUB-D connector - this needs to be adapted
- since PC AND Newt are considered to be DCE, the transmit and receive lines
are crossed - you need to cross them again in order to match Tx and Rx lines
of the Newt and the printer
- The Newt does not support handshaking signals for the RS-232 (of the
printer)- thus you need to select no hardware handshake on the printer side
or connect the handshake signals of the printer properly (null-modem)

From the software I would guess that the printpack software will provide the
appropriate Laserjet driver ...

Johannes